Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that the new PlayStation App for iOS and Android will launch later today. However, If you already have the PlayStation App installed on your mobile device, it will be available as an update to the existing app.
Here’s a list of the updated app’s key features:
- Updated User Interface – The redesigned PlayStation App now features a redesigned UI. The new home screen lets you quickly see what your friends are playing and access details about your recently played games, including your Trophy List.
- Messages Integration – For a unified experience, the PlayStation Messages app feature will now be integrated into the updated PlayStation App so you can seamlessly message your friends all in one place.
As part of this integration, PlayStation Messages will no longer be available as a standalone app. Your existing messages and threads in PlayStation Messages will be carried over to the updated PlayStation App.
- Voice Chat and Party Groups – You can now create party groups from PlayStation App, and voice chat with up to 15 other friends though your mobile phone.
- Natively Integrated PlayStation Store and Remote Downloads – The new native PlayStation Store experience enables fast and smooth shopping and browsing, with the ability to remotely download games and add-ons directly to your PS4 and PS5.
- New Features for PS5 – When the PS5 arrives, you’ll be able to remotely launch games, manage storage on your console if you run out of space while downloading a game, and quickly sign in to PS5 straight from the PlayStation App.
- All the Latest PlayStation News – The Explore tab surfaces Official News from game developers and PlayStation Blog content to help you stay up to date with the world of PlayStation.
In the meantime, check out the trailer below: