Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Bluepoint Games have revealed a new gameplay trailer for the upcoming Demon’s Souls remake.
It offers over five minutes of new gameplay footage, featuring boss enemies like the Armoured Spider and Flamelurker.
Previews of the game have also gone up on several Japanese websites, which Gematsu has translated. Here’s what we’ve learned so far:
- Hidetaka Miyazaki and FromSoftware (who originally created the game) were not involved in the development of the remake.
- There is a new option within the Nexus where players can “store” their character, and players can change their character by paying a certain amount of souls.
- Players can switch between a new camera or the old one from the original game.
- There will be a black and white filter visual option.
- World Tendency will work like before. The UI has been adjusted to make it easier for players to understand which state the World Tendency is in.
- Players will have a more limited supply of healing grasses, and better grasses like “Full Moon Grass” will weigh more than less effective grasses.
- Everything that was in the original PS3 version is in the remake, but there will also be “a ton of new content to find.” However, there is no sixth Archstone.
- There are two gameplay modes: “Cinematic,” which is native 4K resolution at 30FPS; and “Performance,” which is dynamic 4K resolution at 60FPS.
- There will be a Photo Mode.
- There are no difficulty settings, just like the original (or any other FromSoftware game).
- Fractured Mode is basically the Fractured World and it’s a mirror mode, where the map is reversed.
Demon’s Souls will be available exclusively for the PS5 at launch. In the meantime, check out the gameplay trailer below: