The Xbox Series X and PS5 are the next steps in 4K 60fps and 120fps gaming fidelity, assuming you can afford the whole shebang. With 4K TV prices going down to a reasonable rate, it’s probably a good idea to start future-proofing your entertainment.
Luckily, TV-making company LG Electronics and Xbox are in an exclusive marketing partnership to “highlight the phenomenal gaming experience of the widely-anticipated Xbox Series X console and LG OLED TV in key markets across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific”. How will they do that? By making LG OLED TVs the official TV partner of the Xbox Series X.
Basically if you have an Xbox Series X console, the LG OLED TV will be the perfect “market” choice for 4K 120fps gaming. These LG TVs will include the following features to complement the giant rectangular monolith, apart from the 4K 120fps thing:
- Ultra-fast 1ms response time with low input lag,
- Support for the latest HDMI specifications including Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and enhanced return audio channel (eARC),
- Four ports ready to support these hot sexy features,
- new HGiG (HDR Gaming Interest Group) profile support, which means realistic cinematic cutscenes with accurate colour and no oversaturation nonsense,
- Eye Comfort Display-certified OLED panels that will not strain your eyes, because we do play games like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Yakuza: Like A Dragon for ungodly amounts of time in 4K.
- OLED panels that are also verified by Underwriters Laboratory, meaning they are flicker-free and low blue light-emitting TVs that won’t pose photobiological hazard to your precious sight.
There’s also the option to set the screen up to your high-end PC to reap these benefits, assuming you have a spare RM6,000 to do just that. But since you probably don’t and have more sense to spend less for more, this LG and Xbox Series X combo will do your 4K home entertainment setup a lot of good. For more on Xbox Series X, do check out our review of the console.