The PlayStation Partner Awards 2020 Japan Asia took place earlier today, in an effort to recognize the PlayStation versions of hit titles sold across the Japan and Asia regions, as well as the world at large.
The winners for each award category are as follows:
Awarded to the top three titles developed in the Japan / Asian regions with the highest worldwide sales between October 2019 and September 2020.
The winners are:
- eFootball PES 2020 (Konami)
- Dragon Ball Z Kakarot (Bandai Namco)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix)
Even the legendary 84-year-old voice actor of Son Goku, Masako Nozawa, made a special appearance during the live stream.
Final Fantasy VII Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase also made an appearance, even holding Cloud’s Buster Sword in the character’s iconic pose.
Awarded to titles developed in the Japan / Asia region with top-ranked worldwide sales between October 2019 and September 2020, with particularly noteworthy activity results.
The seven Partner Award winners are:
- Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 (Bandai Namco)
- Black Desert Online (Pearl Abyss)
- Nioh 2 (Team Ninja)
- Resident Evil 3 (Capcom)
- Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix)
- Persona 5 Royal (Atlus)
- Yakuza Like A Dragon (Sega)
Awarded to the following titles with the following attributes:
- Titles developed by creators from outside the Japan / Asia region that have amassed the highest sales in the Japan / Asia region from October 2019 to September 2020.
- Titles developed in the Japan / Asia region in conjunction with Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios that have amassed the highest worldwide sales from October 2019 to September 2020.
The two Special Award winners are:
Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment)
Death Stranding (Kojima Productions)
You can watch the entire live stream below: