Star Wars has officially launched the new High Republic line, and with it, officially recognises six official eras for the franchise’s canon timeline.
These include the following:
- The High Republic
- Fall Of The Jedi (Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Episode II: Attack Of The Clones, The Clone Wars animated series, Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith)
- Reign Of The Empire (The Bad Batch animated series, Solo: A Star Wars Story)
- Age Of Rebellion (Rebels animated series, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi)
- The New Republic (The Mandalorian)
- Rise Of The First Order (Resistance animated series, Episode VII: The Force Awakens, Episode VIII: The Last Jedi, Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker)
There you go, Star Wars fans, now we know when exactly each movie, TV series and animated series fall into place in the canon franchise timeline.
However, canon video games (those published by EA since 2013) aren’t listed in the official infographic provided by Luscasfilm. Therefore, I’ll have make educated guesses based on what we already know.
The story in 2017’s Star Wars Battlefront 2 and 2020’s Star Wars Squadrons would be set in The New Republic age, since both games take place after Star Wars Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi.
Meanwhile, 2019’s Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order would fall in the Age Of Rebellion, since Darth Vader was still alive. It would also take place around the same timeframe as the Star Wars Rebels animated series.