While folks around the world and in Asia are still trying to get their hands on the PlayStation 5 despite positive reviews and impressions, PlayStation is securing their console gaming foothold and has dropped some progress update regarding its PS5 games, tentpole or otherwise.
According to a CES 2021 presentation from PlayStation, the following games for the PS5 now have release windows:
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – 2021
- Horizon Forbidden West – 2021 (also for PS4)
- Returnal – March 19, 2021
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits – March 2021 (also for PS4)
- Solar Ash – June 2021 (also for PS4)
- Little Devil Inside – July 2021 (also for PS4)
- Stray – October 2021 (also for PS4)
- GhostWire: Tokyo – October 2021
- Project Athia – January 2022
- Pragmata – 2023
Personally? I doubt some of these release windows will stick especially with a future as uncertain as 2021’s. At the very least, some of these might get pushed back to late 2021. I will say it’s unexpected of Square Enix and Capcom to set release windows for their respective games; Project Athia for the former and Pragmata for the latter.