Disney has released a brand new second full-length trailer for its upcoming animated movie Raya And The Last Dragon.
What’s interesting is that they have finally revealed the titular dragon Sisu, who is voiced by Crazy Rich Asians star Awkwafina. The new trailer also reveals several other new characters voiced by the following star-studded cast:
- Kelly Marie Tran as the voice of the intrepid warrior Raya;
- Awkwafina as the legendary dragon, Sisu;
- Gemma Chan as Raya’s nemesis, Namaari;
- Daniel Dae Kim as Raya’s visionary father, Benja;
- Sandra Oh as Namaari’s powerful mother, Virana;
- Benedict Wong as Tong, a formidable giant;
- Izaac Wang as Boun, a 10-year-old entrepreneur;
- Thalia Tran as the mischievous toddler Little Noi;
- Alan Tudyk as Tuk Tuk, Raya’s best friend and trusty steed;
- Lucille Soong as Dang Hu, the leader of the land of Talon;
- Patti Harrison as the chief of the Tail land;
- Ross Butler as chief of the Spine land.
Sisu the dragon can even transform into human form.
Raya And The Last Dragon is inspired by Southeast Asian legends and folklore, as well as written by Malaysian-born screenwriter Adele Lim (best known for Crazy Rich Asians).
As we previously reported, Raya And The Last Dragon producer Osnat Schurer said that the filmmakers took research trips to countries including Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines. In addition, they also tried martial arts and gamelan instruments as part of their creative process.
Raya And The Last Dragon is slated to premiere in cinemas and Disney Plus on 12 March 2021.
In the meantime, check out the new trailer below: