Xenon, a cybernetically enhanced new class joins the Resistance in Nexon’s free-to-play mobile MMORPG MapleStory M.
A uniquely versatile class, Xenon can equip both Thief and Pirate gear. Xenon uses both Mana and a class-specific energy supply for his skills, all while wielding a lethal energy whip that can cut through nearly anything.
This update will bring various additional elements, including the ability to craft Android companions, which can show off equipped gear and outfits. Commander Hilla, a new boss with Normal, Hard, and Chaos difficulties is also added.
Additional system updates include an all-new Premium Donation System, which consumes crystals instead of GP, additional Pocket Slots, a Hyper Stats Discount Function and new Ancient Equipment options.
A selection of limited-time events celebrating the new Xenon class is available, including:
- Xenon On-Time Event: Until 16 February 2021, players who log in will receive a permanent Xenon Update Box and a limited-time Triple Dillo Package.
- Xenon Growth Support Event: Until 9 March 2021, players will receive weapons, armour, potions, and enhancement materials as they reach certain levels.
- Xenon Burning Project: Until 9 March 2021, there will be a 1+2 Level Up event for Xenon characters.
Additional events include:
- Valentine Event: From 11 February to 25 February 2021, defeated monsters will drop items which can be used to summon chocolate-themed monsters. Players will want to summon and vanquish these chocolate enemies to collect ingredients which can be combined with each other to receive a variety of buff items. Participants in the event will receive rewards proportional to the number of chocolates crafted.
- Maple Museum 2: Running from 18 February to 12 March 2021, the Maple Museum 2 event allows players to earn celebration boxes from both the Relic and Biological Hall as the event is completed. Maple Museum 2 will include a Daily Quest, Spiegalmann’s Request, which gives players a choice of four types of parts or equipment to donate and gives back players equipment in return.
- Memorial Picture Frame Event: From 4 March to 18 March 2021, Maplers will be able to make illustration picture frames commemorating events held in 2020, earning light rewards.
In case you missed it, the game also added a Demon Avenger class back in 2020.