One of 2020’s best games that depict death and dying in the brightest and calming way possible is getting a bunch of free updates.
Developer Thunder Lotus Games will be updating Spiritfarer on Spring, Summer, and Fall according to a roadmap it published. We’ll be getting more story content for our protagonist Stella, a bunch of quality of life improvements, and a bunch of new spirits: Stella’s sister, an owl, a hyena, and a bat.
We’ll break it down:
Spring 2021 Update: Lily
- New spirit: Stella’s younger sister Lily.
- New Stella story content.
- Improved co-op.
- Quality of life improvements.
Summer 2021 Update: Beverly
- New spirit: Beverly, Stella’s old neighbour.
- New boat buildings, collectibles, and recipes.
- More quality of life improvements.
Fall 2021 Update: Jackie & Daria
- New spirits: Jackie the caretaker and Daria the patient.
- New island.
- New boat buildings and resources.
- New Event.
The best part? This is all free! God bless the devs for fleshing out an already-stella(r) game that’s going to leave us an emotional wreck. For more on Spiritfarer, check out our review & our Best of 2020 writeup.