Remember when Bandai Namco announced the next From Software game, Elden Ring? Yeah, that was quite a while ago. Is there news beyond the teaser back in 2019? Well, there might be this year.
According to VG Chronicles, there’s a leaked Elden Ring trailer being shared online in online chat groups. Labelled Bandai Namco confidential, it shows a significant amount of off-screen footage. Specifically, gameplay trailer. So what did it show?
- The voice of a narrator saying the following: “I can only imagine what drives you to seek the Elden Ring. I suppose you can’t be talked into turning back. Very well then!”
- A montage of familiar Souls-like melee combat, boss battles against a fire-breathing dragon and a large sword-wielding foe.
- Giant tree people dragging a metal carriage around.
- Horseback combat in a large and open environment.
- The marketing text dubbing Elden Ring “an all-new fantasy action RPG franchise from the creators of Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro.”
We can also tell you what it didn’t show: a release date. Elden Ring might not be out this year due to COVID-19 disrupting the project. The fact that a trailer is being circulated means that an Elden Ring reveal is in the cards for 2021.
Take this all with a grain of salt, by the way. It’s still rumours and speculation until we see the trailer with our own two pair of eyes.