Treyarch has announced a Hardcore mode in the latest Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War patch. You can toggle that mode for the Moshpit playlist, which contains the game’s most popular modes and maps.
The latest patch also fixes some Outbreak bugs and the League Play’s ladder system. Take a look:
- Rapid Fire Moshpit: Added HC Rapid Fire Moshpit to Quick Play.
- Season Challenges: The “Guerrilla Warfare” Season Challenge now tracks kills from any weapon that the player picks up, not only from weapons from players they’ve killed.
- Daily Challenges: The “Helping Hand” Daily Challenge now properly tracks Spy Plane assist score.
League Play Ladder
- If the player gets incorrectly placed into a “broken” Ladder, playing another match will put the player into a functional Ladder.
- Addressed an issue that could cause other names on the Ladder to be blank.
- Added various stability fixes related to Objectives in Outbreak.
- Resolved an issue that prevented completing the objective if a player carrying a canister left a co-op match in progress.
- Resolved an issue that caused graphic corruption when using upgraded Frenzied Guard Field Upgrade.
- Addressed an issue where a player could not listen to three Radio Transmissions in “Firebase Z.”
CoD fans who want to take it up a notch will be pleased with the Hardcore playlist. After all, there’s nothing like the thrill of a multiplayer match where guns work as lethally intended.