343 Industries, the folks behind the upcoming first-person sci-fi shooter Halo Infinite, just published a new video talking about what’s going on with the game.
The video is 44 minutes long, so here’s a quick recap of what’s in store and what’s important:
- Halo Infinite will feature a day and night cycle, which comes with dynamic weather and will affect patrols. For example, Grunts will be asleep at night, but Phantoms will be on the prowl with searchlights turned on.
- Speaking of weather, the game will feature a wind and fog system, with snowstorms and storms coming in post-launch. This will no doubt affect how your Spartans fight and how guns function in campaign and multiplayer.
- Your equipment can be upgraded in the campaign mode. However, weapon upgrades were scrapped.
- Halo Infinite will not feature dual-wielding.
- Areas in the Zeta Halo Ring (where all the action is) include a Pacific northwest-esque area, the Deadlands, swampy wetlands, hexagonal caves, Forerunner structures, and banished bases.
- The game’s graphics are being revamped & reworked following heavy feedback from last year.
- You can fly a Wasp in the game.
- It is possible to knock things off of the edge of the Zeta Halo ring during a mission. You just need patience, luck, and skill.
- The game will feature Space Gophers.
Full video below. Halo Infinite will be out in 2021 for Xbox Series.