Sega and Atlus have announced that Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster will release for the PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam on 25 May 25 2021. The remaster was initially revealed last year during a Nintendo Direct Mini.
A Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available, which includes the following:
- Full game download.
- Exclusive access to the game four days early, on 21 May 2021.
- Maniax Pack.
- Adds Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
- Chronicle Pack.
- Adds Raidou from the Devil Summoner series
- Note: The Chronicle Pack is available in the base game for PlayStation 4 and Switch versions. It is free downloadable content for the Steam version only.
- “Merciful” difficulty.
- Adds an easier difficulty mode.
- Mercy and Expectation Map Pack.
- “Little Master’s Mercy”.
- “Master’s Expectation”.
- Shin Megami Tensei Background Music Pack.
- “BGM Pack 1: Shin Megami Tensei” (two songs).
- “BGM Pack 2: Shin Megami Tensei II” (two songs).
- “BGM Pack 3: Shin Megami Tensei IV” (two songs).
- “BGM Pack 4: Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse” (two songs).
The synopsis for the game reads:
What begins as a normal day in Tokyo turns out to be everything but, when the Conception—an ethereal apocalypse—is invoked. The remains of the world are swallowed by chaos, as a demonic revolution descends into a broken city. Caught between a battle of gods and demons, the choices you make can bring life, rebirth, or death, and determine who triumphs.
This genre-defining, infamously punishing RPG is back and now includes:
- Remastered 3D models and backgrounds.
- Additional difficulty settings for players of all skill levels.
- Suspend save – save your progress whenever you need it!
- Voiced audio – choose between Japanese and English voice-overs.
- An alternate branch featuring Raidou Kuzunoha.
In the meantime, check out the trailer featuring a message from director Kazuyuki Yamai below: