Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs Legion will be available to play for free from 26 March to 29 March 2021 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC via the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store. In addition, pre-load will be available from 25 March 2021.
Every character in near-future London will be available to recruit and play as during the Free Trial Weekend in both single-player and online modes. Players will be able to check out all of the open-world activities such as playing darts at the local pub and participating in bare-knuckle fights, as well as explore half of the eight boroughs including the City of London and Islington & Hackney. Additionally, players will be able to discover the game’s storyline up to the Skye Larsen mission.
Players who want to continue their fight will keep their game progression and enjoy discounts on Watch Dogs: Legion and the season pass across select platforms:
- Xbox: From 23 March to 15 April 2021 – 50 percent off of the Standard and Ultimate editions.
- PlayStation: From 24 March to 31 March 2021 – 55 percent off of the Standard edition, 40 percent off of the Ultimate edition and 20 percent off of the season pass.
- Ubisoft Store on Windows PC: From 18 March to 9 April 2021 – 50 percent off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25 percent off of the season pass
- Epic Games Store on Windows PC: 25 March to 8 April 2021 – 50 percent off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25 percent off of the season pass.
More information on the Free Trial Weekend, including the exact timing, can be found here.
Furthermore, Ubisoft has detailed the availability of the free post-launch content for all Watch Dogs Legion players as well as the new, exclusive content for season pass owners across single-player and online modes.
The post-launch content for all Watch Dogs Legion players include:
- Today, 24 March 2021: Leader of the Pack, the first Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency, is available to play in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Working with a whistle-blower, DedSec uncovers a deadly initiative that brings the next level of hive-mind based AI on Urban Drone Warfare. They must race to stop the program at its tracks and will discover a hidden terrifying threat at the heart of it all.
- In late-May 2021, players will have access to two new PvP modes: Extraction and fan favourite, Invasion, and a new Tactical Op, Project Omni, in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Project Omni is intense and challenging and will need a team of four to infiltrate a secret project to find out why Londoners’ Optik devices are negatively affecting their brains.
For Season pass owners:
- In late-April 2021, Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals will be available alongside a new mission.
- Late-June 2021 will see the release Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline that includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 fully playable in the single-player campaign and online.
- In August 2021, Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from Assassin’s Creed® will be available as a new playable character alongside new missions.
In the meantime, check out the trailer below: