Another veteran developer has left another Japanese company, but this time around it’s not Sony. In a tweet on his personal account, Yohei Shimbori has announced that he has officially left Koei Tecmo.
Shimbori is best known for directing many Dead Or Alive games since 2004. In his tweet, he wrote (translated by Gematsu):
“As of today, I have left Koei Tecmo Games.
I worked on Dead or Alive for 16 years, and while there were times I was pleased, there were also times I was unable to live up to expectations.
I would like to take this opportunity to express my utmost gratitude to the many people who have supported and taken care of me.
Thank you very much.”
— しんぼり (@shimbori_x) March 31, 2021
Shimbori’s credits on the Dead or Alive franchise include:
- Dead or Alive Ultimate (2004) – Planner
- Dead or Alive 4 (2005) – Game Designer
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (2006) – Game Designer
- Dead or Alive Paradise (2010) – Director
- Dead or Alive Dimensions (2011) – Director
- Dead or Alive 5 (2012) – Director
- Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (2013) – Director
- Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (2015) – Director
- Dead or Alive 6 (2019) – Producer and Director
Dead Or Alive 6 remains the last game in the franchise to date. You can check out our review of that game by heading over here.