Alienware has announced several new gaming-focused products, most notably the first Alienware gaming laptop with an AMD processor since 2007 (which was around 14 years ago).
Halo 3. The Orange Box. World Of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. And Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare. What do all these things have in common besides being epic timepieces? These gaming relics all made their red-carpet debut in 2007, like Alienware’s last AMD-based laptop, the Aurora mALX.
Fast forward 14 years to the present day and game experiences have evolved quite a bit. Powering today’s blockbuster games requires serious performance and very few know what that requires better than our friends at AMD and NVIDIA.
Today, Dell and Alienware are starting a new chapter with AMD announcing not one but two new gaming laptops – the redesigned Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 and Dell G15 Ryzen Edition, both outfitted with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs. And to complement, Dell is also unveiling a new suite of gaming monitors to complete your battle stations.
Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5
Unrivalled visuals, high performance, and sleek design: the Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 represents the triumvirate of mobile PC gaming.
The new m15 combines cutting-edge technologies and new design features to deliver an uncompromised visual experience. Offering Alienware’s fastest displays on a 15-inch notebook ever, gamers can select up to QHD 240Hz or FHD 360Hz panels to deliver smooth gameplay. And as the first Legend 2.0-based Alienware notebook, gamers will be drawn closer into the gameplay thanks to a new design feature called Dark Core, which darkens the interior shade of the laptop to minimise distractions and keep your head in the game. All this visual goodness is powered by high-performance technologies, including:
- Up to AMD Ryzen 5000 H-Series Mobile Processors and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 30 Series Laptop GPUs
- User-upgradeable 3200Mhz DDR4 memory for the first time on an Alienware 15-inch notebook
- First Alienware notebook finished with the new Silky-Smooth High-Endurance paint formula engineered for increased stain-resistance and premium surface feel
Finally, we can’t leave out the “cherry” on top – an optional ultra-low-profile mechanical keyboard co-developed with Cherry MX that creates a distinctive typing experience and supports per-key RGB lighting.
Dell G15 Ryzen Edition
Dell is helping to bring AAA gameplay to the masses with the new 15-inch Dell G15 Ryzen Edition.
On the outside, it boasts a new look in a sleek form factor that sports a two-sided, narrow-bezel screen, and uses low VOC waterborne paint. On the inside, the new G15 is outfitted with an Alienware-inspired thermal design to maximise airflow for optimal cooling and heat dissipation. The complete makeover is fully furnished with game-ready features, including:
- Up to AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs and user-upgradeable 3200Mhz DDR4 memory
- “Game Shift,” a functional key unique to G Series which instantly cranks up cooling performance for intense gaming sessions
- 120Hz or 165Hz panels, with a 360Hz display coming later this spring; all featuring low-blue-light display hardware
Dell Gaming Monitors
Dell is also introducing four new Dell Gaming displays with options suited for framerate-demanding multiplayer combat to expansive open-world RPGs and high-octane racing games.
- The Dell 25 Gaming Monitor (S2522HG) with a blazing 240Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, makes it ideal for aspiring competitive gamers where every frame counts. And with Fast IPS technology, this monitor provides consistency and clarity at all angles. The Dell 25 Gaming Monitor features both NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible certification and AMD FreeSync™ Premium technology for smooth, stutter-free visuals.
For a truly immersive gaming experience, choose between the 3 new curved VA gaming monitors, available in 27-inch, 32-inch and 34-inch, all supporting AMD FreeSync™ Premium or Premium Pro technology to ensure tear-free gameplay.
- The Dell 27 and 32 Curved Gaming Monitors (S2722DGM and S3222DGM) draw you into your game with QHD resolution, while the 165Hz refresh rate and 2ms response time ensure that you see the action clearly and react quickly.
- The Dell 34 Curved Gaming Monitor (S3422DWG) shows life-like visuals on its expansive curved WQHD 34-inch display. Get immersed in rich, vibrant colours with support for VESA DisplayHDR 400 and 90% DCI-P3 colour coverage. Paired with a 144Hz refresh rate to help deliver smooth, lag-free gaming.
All four new displays support Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) output for gaming consoles, making them ideal for console gaming as well. And as standard, all Dell Gaming monitors come with three years of Premium Panel & Advance Exchange, meaning that customer service will send out a replacement panel within one working day even with only one bright pixel found.
Pricing And Availability
All prices are to be announced.
|Products||Available specs||Availability in Malaysia|
|Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5||AMD R7 16GB 512GB RTX3060, 15.6” FHD||Early May 2021|
|Dell G15 Ryzen Edition||AMD R5 8GB 512GB RTX3050 15.6” FHD|
|Dell 25 Gaming Monitor (S2522HG)||–||End June 2021|
|Dell 27 Curved Gaming Monitor (S2722DGM)||–|
|Dell 32 Curved Gaming Monitor (S3222DGM)||–|
|Dell 34 Curved Gaming Monitor (S3422DWG)||–|