During the second Resident Evil Village Showcase live stream, Capcom announced that Resident Evil Village is getting multiple demos, but it’s a bit confusing. There will be two demos, but they will only be available during limited timeframes and periods of time.
Let me break it down:
Resident Evil Village Demo
The PlayStation-exclusive demos are called 8 Hours In Village.
The first takes place on 17 April 2021, where players will have an eight-hour window to play 30 minutes of the Village Demo. On 24 April 2021, PlayStation users will get another eight-hour window to play 30 minutes of the Castle Demo.
Fortunately, PlayStation owners can already pre-load the demos now so they’ll be ready to go when the eight-hour windows open.
Finally, on 1 May 2021, both the Village and Castle Demos will become available on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC via Steam for a period of 24 hours. Players will be able to play one hour in total for both of the demos, and it’s up to you which area to play in.
Check out the details below:
Village Demo — PS4/PS5 Early Access (30 Minutes Total)
- North America: 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT on 17 April 2021 to 1am PDT / 4am EDT on 18 April 2021.
- Europe: 5pm UTC / 6pm BTC / 7pm CEST on 18 April 2021 to 1am UTC / 2am BTC / 3am CEST on 19 April 2021.
- Asia: 5pm GMT+8 on 18 April 2021 to 1am GMT+8 on 19 April 2021.
Castle Demo — PS4/PS5 Early Access (30 Minutes Total)
- North America: 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT on 24 April 2021 to 1am PDT / 4am EDT on 25 April 2021.
- Europe: 5pm UTC / 6pm BTC / 7pm CEST on 25 April 2021 to 1am UTC / 2am BTC / 3am CEST on 26 April 2021.
- Asia: 5pm GMT+8 on 25 April 2021 to 1am GMT+8 on 26 April 2021.
Village And Castle Demo — All Platforms (60 Minutes Total)
- North America: 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT on 1 May 2021 to 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT 2 May 2021.
- Europe: 12am UTC / 1am BST / 2am CEST on 2 May 2021 to 12am UTC / 1am BST / 2am CEST on 3 May 2021.
- Asia: 8am GMT+8 on 2 May 2021 to 8am GMT+8 on 3 May 2021.
Resident Evil Village Mercenaries
Capcom also announced Mercenaries mode will return in Resident Evil Village. It’s basically a fast-paced arcade-style mode. Players can buy different guns, ammo, and weapons upgrades in between levels, as well as special abilities that give you perks and provide bonuses like faster sprint speed, more endurance and higher damage.
New Resident Evil Village Trailer
The new Resident Evil Village trailer gives us more gameplay footage and more werewolves.
Resident Evil Village is slated to release for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC on 7 May 2021. In the meantime, check out our highlights in the video below, as well as screenshots: