The Resident Evil Village demo for PC is live now, and still comes with a 30-minute timer (per section) like the PS5 version. And in typical fashion, someone’s found a way to bypass that restriction.
See, the demo is set to a timer, giving you one hour to roam the castle grounds and village. Once these 60 minutes are up, you have to wait for the game to come out on 7th May. Of course, someone figured out how to get around that. Here’s how (via Steam):
- Disable Steam Cloud for the RE Village demo.
- Download the Steam SAM (Steam Achievement Manager).
- Delete your local savefiles. The default location is (<DRIVE>:\Steam\userdata\<YOUR STEAM ID>\1541780\remote\win64_save\).
- Start the Steam SAM.
- Select the RE Village demo.
- Remove achievements and stats; confirm this selection.
There’s a number of steps, but you’ll be able to have another go at the demo’s castle and village grounds.
RE Village will be out in a few days: 7th May to be exact, for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC. Here’s a video of one of the game’s main baddies for you to
gawk at check out.