Andrew Garfield Speaks Out On Spider-Man No Way Home

Rumours of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield reprising their former roles as Spider-Man in the upcoming Spider-Man No Way Home have surfaced from time to time since last year. However, earlier this year Tom Holland himself confirmed in a new interview with Esquire that the rumours were not true.

Now, one of the two former Spider-Men have finally broken their silence on the rumours and spoke out on the lingering issue.

In an interview with MTV’s Josh Horowitz on Tuesday’s episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Andrew Garfield denies ever having any involvement with Spider-Man No Way Home.

He said:

“It’s f—ing hilarious to me.

Because I do have this Twitter account, and I see how often Spider-Man is trending.

It’s people freaking out about a thing, and I’m just like, guys.

Guys.

I wish I could just be able to speak to everyone and say, ‘I recommend that you chill.'”

The only confirmed returning roles so far are Jamie Foxx’s Electro, Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange and Alfred Molina’s Doctor Octopus.

He added:

“I can’t speak for anything else, but for myself.

They might be doing something, but I ain’t got a call.

I did not get a call.

I would’ve gotten a call by now.

That’s what I’ll say.

I don’t want to rule anything out.

Maybe they want to call me.

Maybe they want to call me and say, ‘Hey, people want this.'”

There you have it, folks, straight from the mouth of Andrew Garfield himself. You can check out the snippet of when he says all that in the clip below:

Directed by Jon Watts (who also directed 2017’s Spider-Man Homecoming and 2019’s Spider-Man Far From Home), Spider-Man No Way Home is slated to premiere on 17 December 2021 later this year.

Author: Alleef Ashaari

Aspiring writer. Born in Amsterdam, raised in Malaysia. Comics are my passion. A gamer and science fiction enthusiast. PSN: AlleefAshaari

Leave a Reply