Capcom has updated its Platinum Titles list, which is its personal best list tallying games that sold over a million units.
Here are the highlights from the company as of 31st March 2021.
- The Resident Evil 3 remake has sold 4 million copies (400,000 additional units since 31 December).
- The Resident Evil 2 remake has sold 8.1 million units (300,000 additional units since 31 December).
- Resident Evil 7 has sold 9 million copies (500,000 additional units since 31 December).
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne has sold 7.7 million units (500,000 additional units since 31 December).
- Monster Hunter: World has sold 17.1 million units (300,000 additional units since 31 December).
- Street Fighter V has sold 5.5 million copies.
- Devil May Cry 5 has sold 4.3 million copies.
As you can tell, MH: World is number one on Capcom’s list. Resident Evil 7, 2, 5, and 6 are just below and are representing the remaining top 5 spots respectively. Street Fighter V has yet to surpass the sales numbers of Street Fighter II for the SNES, which is at 6.3 million copies since June of 1992.
On a related note, Monster Hunter: Rise has sold 6 million copies worldwide, while Resident Evil Village has shipped over 3 million units globally. For more on that awesome-yet-bonkers survival horror game, check out our review and guides.