Netflix just announced the majority of its casting for the upcoming TV series adaptation of Sandman, the incredibly popular Vertigo comics series from writer Neil Gaiman. We know that Tom Sturridge will be playing Dream and Gwendoline Christie will be Lucifer. But what about the rest?
Well, here’s the rest of the Dreaming, including the fan-favourite Death (the goth girl who is just as popular as her brother). The newly announced cast includes:
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste (The Good Place) as Death
- Mason Alexander Park as Desire, an Endless
- Donna Preston as Despair, another one of the Endless
- Razane Jammal as Lyta Hall
- Joely Richardson as Ethel Cripps
- Niamh Walsh as Young Ethel Cripps
- David Thewlis as John Dee
- Kyo Ra as Rose Walker
- Patton Oswalt as the voice of Matthew the Raven
- Stephen Fry as Gilbert
- Jenna Coleman as Johanna Constantine
- Sandra James Young as Unity Kincaid
Here’s a quote from writer Neil Gaiman about the Netflix casting:
“Every afternoon I get an email telling me that there are ‘dailies’ from The Sandman ready to be watched. It’s the best bit of the day. Once every couple of weeks I get an email letting me know that there’s a finished episode waiting for me to watch it. It’s the best bit of the month. The Sandman is being made, and it’s… well, it’s The Sandman. Which is the best thing of all.
Of course, there are more delights and nightmares cast than I’ve listed here, and we have a few more secrets up our sleeves. I can’t wait until you can start watching.”
All eyes are on this adaptation, as a lot of comic book fans have been waiting since the series ended a long while ago.