In the latest update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, the game adds Mastery Challenge, which introduces replayable trials to test your expertise against Melee, Range, and Stealth objectives.
PATCH SIZES AND DEPLOYMENT TIMING:
Xbox Series X/S: 18.7 GB
Xbox One: 13.5 GB
PS5: 5.32 GB
PS4: 5-13 GB (depending on region)
PC: 14.14 GB
Check out below for the most notable Title Update 1.2.2 changes.
OSTARA SEASON: MASTERY CHALLENGE GAME MODE
We added in-game support for Mastery Challenge.
- A Master of an ancient art sends you on a Quest to prove your might through trials that will transcend the rules of reality.
- Trial of the Bear = Test your strength (combat)
- Trial of the Wolf = Test your marksmanship (range)
- Trial of the Raven = Test your guile (stealth)
- Unlock unique rewards, that will both show your Mastery and give you more options in combat.
- Numerous shrines are hidden in the world, each home to 3 trials.
- To access Mastery Challenge you must be at least Power Level 221 and have completed the Uninvited Guests main quest after reporting on Grantebridgescire and Ledecestrescire.
RIVER RAIDS REFRESH
- Upped the stakes: rivers at higher alert levels will have increased rewards.
- Balanced Jomsvikings’ attack power to better match their rank.
- Wayland’s armor will be available to buy in Vagn’s Store using Foreign cargo.
- Mounted Archer = Eivor can use their bow ability while mounted.
- Shield Master = Eivor automatically rotates to block incoming attacks by holding up their shield.
- Unstoppable = While in combat, Eivor’s sprint becomes unblockable and knocks enemies back at the cost of stamina.
Amidst a meteorite crashing to earth, a mysterious new settler has appeared in Ravensthorpe. Hildiran is skilled in the art of battle meditation, a secret form of training, and is willing to initiate Eivor. To begin training, meet with Hildiran in your settlement, then set out to find newly erected shrines scattered across England.
Important Note: To access Mastery Challenge you must be at least Power Level 221 and have completed the Uninvited Guests main quest after reporting on Grantebridgescire and Ledecestrescire.
Take a deep breath, relax, and lose yourself in the Challenge. Eivor will meditate at unfamiliar shrines to enter the realm of Hugrheim. Three types of trials are presented: Trial of the Bear tests your combat, Trial of the Wolf your aim, and Trial of the Raven your stealth. The Hugrheim realm provides pre-set gear and abilities, fit for each playstyle and situation. This leaves more time to exercise your skills and earn rewards, but worry not! Your original loadout will revert upon exiting Mastery Challenge.
It wouldn’t be a challenge if you didn’t break a sweat! Each Trial comes with its own objective for Eivor to complete. Accomplish the objective to gain points and receive a medal based on your score. As you progress, these medals will unlock new shrines across the map. Though the medals will physically remain in Hugrheim, they will always be at home in your heart. Keep watch on the different actions that will affect your total points. Not quite happy with your score? All trials are replayable at any given time, so practice as much as you want to fully ace the challenge.
Sometimes completing the task at hand is rewarding enough, but there’s more to win with Mastery Challenge! In addition to Eivor’s hard-earned medals you’ll also receive Energies. Journey back to Ravensthorpe, where Energies can be exchanged for rewards at Hildiran’s Wares. New and unique weapons, tattoos, and decorations have been stocked to add to your growing collection.
To celebrate the release of Mastery Challenge, a Special Event Challenge will be available through Ubisoft Connect from June 15 to June 22. Complete godly tests to unveil the truth…and finally get the most mysterious weapon in game: Skadi’s Blade! May Odin be with you!