Today Deep Silver and 4A Games are pleased to announce the launch of Metro Exodus for Xbox Series X/S and the PS5 computer entertainment system.
The Gen 9 version of Metro Exodus runs at 4K/60FPS with full Ray Traced lighting throughout on Xbox Series X/S and PS5. The base game and DLC expansions feature both 4A’s ground-breaking Ray Traced Global Illumination (RTGI) and the Ray Traced Emissive Lighting techniques pioneered in the original release of Metro Exodus and The Two Colonels expansion across all content.
The next-gen consoles see dramatically reduced loading times thanks to the use of their SSD storage optimizations, boast 4K texture packs, and a range of platform-specific features including spatial audio and controller latency improvements on Xbox Series, and support for the haptic features of the PS5 Dual Sense controller.
These enhancements are a free upgrade to all Gen 8 owners, or via the Metro Exodus Complete Edition – a high-value physical edition for franchise newcomers. This Complete Edition includes the base game and both DLC expansions: The Two Colonels and Sam’s Story.
- Enhanced for the latest consoles – Enhanced to utilise the power of Xbox Series X/S and PS5 including 60FPS, up to 4K resolution a Field Of View slider for the first time in the series and Ray Traced lighting.
- Enhanced for Xbox Series X |S – Optimized for platform-specific features including spatial audio and Smart Delivery support. Xbox Series X will boast full Ray Traced lighting, 4K 60FPS and Xbox Series S will deliver full Ray Traced lighting, 60FPS and 1080p resolution. Available via Smart Delivery.
- Enhanced for PlayStation 5 – Optimized for platform-specific features including DualSense Haptic Feedback support and 3D Audio, alongside full Ray Traced lighting and 60FPS 4K visuals.
- The Complete Package – Includes Metro Exodus and all DLC content – The Two Colonels and Sam’s Story.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – Flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and follow a gripping story that links together classic Metro gameplay with huge, non-linear levels.
- Deadly combat and stealth – Scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Explore a hostile world – Embark on journey that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter. Discover the Russian wilderness, brought to life with day/night cycles and dynamic weather.