This August, Hearthstone players will bear witness to the might and glory of the Alliance in United In Stormwind, the next expansion for Blizzard’s smash-hit digital card game played by more than 130 million people around the world. Within Stormwind’s proud ramparts, players will find the Alliance’s beating heart; as well as 135 all-new cards inspired by the rites of passage shared by heroes about to come into their own in this gleaming city.
United In Stormwind introduces Questline cards for every class, each one providing a peek into the formative stories of the new mercenary characters introduced in the Year of the Gryphon. Players start a match with their Questline cards in their hand, and they’re rewarded with powerful in-game effects whenever they complete one of the challenges they present. Once the third phase in each Questline is complete, the Mercenary joins their side; as a powerful Legendary minion.
To take part in the bustle and commerce of Stormwind, players can add cards with the Tradeable keyword to their decks. Tradeable cards provide situationally powerful effects, with the added flexibility of being able to swap them out for a different card in the player’s deck for the cost of one mana.
World Of Warcraft trade skills come to Hearthstone in the form of Profession Tools, being placed in the weapon slot and unlocking unique abilities—like the Paladin’s Prismatic Jewel Kit, which boosts the power of minions in the player’s hand whenever a friendly minion loses a Divine Shield. Finally, players can saddle up by acquiring Mount cards, which come into play in the form of a minion buff, and then summon the trusty steed itself once the empowered minion is defeated.
Blizzard Entertainment president J. Allen Brack said:
“United in Stormwind captures the magic behind many of the memorable moments players experience while leveling up a World of Warcraft character.
This iconic setting is the perfect place to continue the stories we’ve been telling during the Year of the Gryphon, and we think players are going to have a blast with all the new mechanics it’s inspired.”
The United In Stormwind Mega Bundle is available for pre-purchase starting today for US$79.99 USD and includes:
- 80 United in Stormwind card packs; plus 5 Golden card packs (containing all Golden cards).
- Two random Golden Legendary cards from United In Stormwind.
- The Lady Katrana Prestor Alternate Hero.
- The Lady Katrana Prestor card back.
- Perks for Hearthstone Battlegrounds that last until the next expansion.
- The Ve’nari Alternate Bartender for Hearthstone Battlegrounds†.
Also available is the United In Stormwind Bundle for US$49.99 USD, which includes 60 packs from the expansion, two random Legendary cards, and the Lady Katrana Prestor card back.
Fans of the popular Hearthstone Battlegrounds game mode can look forward to major updates too, including the largest minion pool shakeup since launch! Battlegrounds will also introduce all-new cosmetic options to the store, allowing players to customize their game experience, with more to come.
Battlegrounds Bundle: Beach Party includes seven new portraits of heroes enjoying some fun in the sun, such as Grill King Bolvar and Chillin’ Vol’jin. The bundle also includes Tikilord Ragnaros, a fully-voiced alternate Bartender who serves up drinks with a scorching attitude. In the Battlegrounds Heroes: Shadowlands bundle, eight heroes are reimagined as members of the Covenants featured in the afterlife-themed World of Warcraft: Shadowlands™ expansion, including Finley of the Kyrian and Ysera of the Night Fae.
Well met! Hearthstone just announced its next expansion, United in Stormwind, coming to the game on 3 August 2021, with pre-purchase starting now.
Major updates will also be coming to Battlegrounds, including cosmetics and the largest minion pool shakeup since launch! Finally, Fire Festival returns, and it promises to be a big one! Party it up with new Legendary quests, Tavern Brawls, and a new Book of Mercenaries AND Book of Heroes.
STAND UNITED IN STORMWIND
After battling your way through the Barrens, make yourself at home in Stormwind, the heart of the Alliance! Get ready to Mount up, master your craft with Profession Tools, and embark on epic Questlines that’ll define your career as an adventurer! United in Stormwind will introduce 135 new cards inspired by the rites of passage shared by heroes about to come into their own in this gleaming city.
- Questlines. These three-part quests provide a peek into the ongoing stories of Hearthstone’s newest mercenary heroes. You’ll start a match with your Questline cards in hand and completing each step results in a small reward. Complete all three and the mercenary joins your side—as a powerful Legendary minion!
- New Keyword: Tradeable. Time is money, friend! Achieve maximum value by adding Tradeable cards to your deck. You can play them for their normal effect, or you can drag them back in your deck for just 1 mana and draw another card that might be more useful at the moment.
- Mount up. Cruise through Stormwind in style! Cast a Mount spell onto a minion to give it a powerful buff. Once the empowered rider is destroyed, it summons the trusty steed (with stats that line up with the original buff).
- Ply Your Trade. Profession Tools are a new passive type of weapon that have special effects instead of attack values—like the Paladin’s Prismatic Jewel Kit, which boosts the power of minions in your hand whenever a friendly minion loses a Divine Shield.
Keep the party going with a major Battlegrounds update, including the largest minion pool shakeup since launch! All-new Battlegrounds cosmetics will add some flair to your time in the Tavern:
- The Battlegrounds Bundle: Beach Party includes seven new portraits of heroes enjoying some fun in the sun, such as Grill King Bolvar and Chillin’ Vol’jin. The bundle also includes Tikilord Ragnaros, a fully-voiced alternate Bartender who serves up drinks with a scorching attitude.
- The Battlegrounds Heroes: Shadowlands bundle includes eight heroes reimagined as members of the Covenants featured in the afterlife-themed World of Warcraft: Shadowlands expansion, including Finley of the Kyrian and Ysera of the Night Fae
Stay tuned for more Battlegrounds cosmetics, including more alternate Bartenders and more Hero skins throughout the year!
WELCOME TO THE FIRE FESTIVAL
This year, Ragnaros is throwing a house party in the Firelands, and all insects are invited! Enjoy new Legendary quests and fan-favourite Tavern Brawls from July 6 to July 27, along with new Book of Mercenaries and Book of Heroes chapters.
BOOK OF MERCENARIES: KURTRUS (JULY 13)
Follow the story of Demon Hunter Kurtrus Ashfallen in Book of Mercenaries: Kurtrus, launching on July 13. Defeating all 8 bosses in this linear adventure will reward 1 Demon Hunter pack, containing only Demon Hunter cards from Standard!
BOOK OF HEROES: GUL’DAN (JULY 20)
Relive Gul’dan’s quest for power in the all-new Book of Heroes: Gul’dan! Defeating all 8 bosses in this linear adventure will reward 1 Warlock pack, containing only Warlock cards from Standard!
For more details around the 20.8 patch, check out the patch notes: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/expansions-adventures/united-in-stormwind.
In the meantime, check out the trailer below: