Capcom announces a post-launch roadmap for its upcoming turn-based RPG spinoff game Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, which is as close as you’re going to get to Capcom doing a Breath of Fire style RPG.
The roadmap is as follows:
- 9 July: Game comes out.
- 15 July: Free title updates #1, new monstie: Palamut.
- 5 August: Free Title Update #2, Co-op quest exclusive monster: Kulve Taroth, new monsties: Hellblade Glavenus, Boltreaver Astalos.
- Early September: Free Title Update #3, new monsties: Soulseer Mizutsune, Elderfrost Gammoth, Oroshi Kirin.
- Late September: Free Title Update #4, new monsties: Dreadking Rathalos, Molten Tigrex, co-op quest exclusive monster: Kulve Taroth (High Difficulty).
- October: Free Title Update #5, co-op quest exclusive monster: ???, new monsties: SIlver Rathalos, Gold Rathian.
That’s a lot of free updates for a mostly single-player RPG, eh? Co-op gameplay and post-launch content showcase below
Monster Hunter Stories 2 will be out for PC and Nintendo Switch this 9th July.