Update [15 July 2021]: Korra from Avatar: Legend of Korra, Ren & Stimpy, and CatDog will be in the game.
In a move that’s probably 10 years too late, publisher GameMill Entertainment and developers Ludosity and Fair Play Labs will be making a 2D arena fighting game using Nickelodeon characters and properties.
It’s called Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, and it’ll be out this fall for PC, PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. Ludosity is known for making a pretty fun platform fighting game called Slap City, and it did mention that Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl will include rollback netcode for its online play. Looks like this title may be more than just licensed game mediocre fare.
The following characters will be on the roster:
- Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
- Helga (Hey Arnold!)
- Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
- Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
- Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
- Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
- Patrick Star (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
- Reptar (Rugrats)
- Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Zim (Invader Zim)
- Korra (Avatar: The Legend of Korra)
- Ren (Ren & Stimpy)
- Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy)
- CatDog (CatDog)
Modes include single-player and multiplayer mode with four-player local and online competitive play. The game will have 20 stages to fight in including Jellyfish Fields from Spongebob SquarePants and the Technodrome from TMNT. Yeap, the Ninja Turtles are still under Nickelodeon; what times we live in indeed.
Check out the gameplay below, and the placeholder box art.