Warner Bros. has released a new trailer for Denis Villenueve’s Dune, featuring Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides and showcasing the epic war on Arrakis.
The trailer begins with the narrating words of Zendaya’s Chani, a native of the oppressed Fremen tribespeople, before getting to explosions and epic shots of the movie’s incredible cinematography.
The synopsis reads:
A mythic and emotionally charged hero’s journey, “Dune” tells the story of Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, who must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people.
As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet’s exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence; a commodity capable of unlocking humanity’s greatest potential; only those who can conquer their fear will survive.
The film also stars:
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica Atreides.
- Oscar Issac as Duke Leto Atreides.
- Stephen Mckinley Henderson as Thufir Hawat.
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck.
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho.
- Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen.
- Sharon Duncan-Brewster as Dr. Liet Kynes.
- Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban.
- Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam.
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar.
- Stephen McKinley Henderson as Thufir Hawat.
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries.
- Chang Chen as Dr. Wellington Yueh.
Originally slated for a December 2020 release, Dune is now slated to premiere in cinemas and HBO Max on 22 October 2021.