It’s a helluva windfall for Nintendo. The company has sold 89.04 million Nintendo Switch units as of 30th June 2020, according to its latest earnings release.
Nintendo has sold 4.45 million Switch hardware and 45.28 million software during the past three months that ended on 30th June. Speaking of software, here are the top 10 best-selling first-party Nintendo Switch games:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 37.08 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 33.89 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 24.77 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 23.20 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 21.85 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 21.40 million
- Super Mario Party – 15.72 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 13.57 million
- Splatoon 2 – 12.45 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 11.26 million
What Does This Mean?
Long story short, Mario Kart 8 is still the de facto Switch game to get, next to Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which are probably still at full price up to this day. With a steady games library exclusive to the console, Nintendo is still riding high consistently with its hardware sales numbers. Though this begs the question on whether people would be interested in the Switch OLED version if the regular Switch will eventually be sold at a much cheaper price.
For more Nintendo Switch news, head here.