The recent Crunchyroll Expo livestream revealed the opening sequence and new visual for the upcoming Blade Runner anime.
Dubbed Blade Runner: Black Lotus, the anime series will debut this November. Here’s the opening sequence: one without vocals and with vocals by singer Alessia Cara.
Here’s the anime series poster in all its neon blue/red glory.
Story & Cast
What’s the anime series about? The dark sci-fi anime series deals with the aftermath of the Blade Runner: Black Out 2022 anime short, set between Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049. The series is set in the perspective of the hunted; specifically a female replicant/artificially-created humanoid being. The show will emphasize the dystopian world and its anti-capitalist themes from the Philip K. Dick original novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?.
Here’s the official cast (English & Japanese VOs):
- Jessica Henwick/Arisa Shida as Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose.
- Will Yun Lee/Shinshū Fuji as Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles.
- Samira Wiley/Takako Honda as Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit.
- Brian Cox/Takaya Hashi as Niander Wallace Sr, founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation.
- Wes Bentley/Takehito Koyasu as Niander Wallace Jr, a brilliant scientist working for his father.
- Josh Duhamel/Taiten Kusunoki as Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner.
- Peyton List/Yoshiko Sakakibara as Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief.
- Stephen Root/Hochu Otsuka as Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD.
- Barkhad Abdi/Takayuki Kinba as Doc Badger, a black market dealer.
- Gregg Henry/Masane Tsukayama as Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production.
- Henry Czerny/Akio Nojima as Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine
Jason Spisak/Kazuki Yao as Hooper, a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation.