DC’s Stargirl returns for a second season on Warner TV at 9pm GMT+8 on 11 August 2021. A new episode will premiere on the same day as the U.S. on subsequent Wednesdays at the same time on Warner TV (Astro Channel 712 / UnifiTV Channel 451).
DC’s Stargirl follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore as she inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to take on the legacy of DC’s very first superhero team, the Justice Society of America. In the thrilling second season, Courtney and her friends take on one of the most frightening adversaries in DC’s mythology; the dark entity of corruption known as Eclipso.
The action-packed series stars:
- Bassinger (School of Rock, Bella and the Bulldogs) as Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl.
- Yvette Monreal (Rambo: Last Blood, Matador) as Yolanda Montez/Wildcat.
- Anjelika Washington (Young Sheldon, We’re Not Friends) as Beth Chapel/Dr.Mid-Nite.
- Cameron Gellman (Heathers, 20th Century Women) as Rick Tyler/Hourman.
- Trae Romano (Little Ghosts, 555) as Mike Dugan.
- Hunter Sansone (Hurricane 360) as Cameron Mahkent.
- Meg DeLacy (The Fosters, The Disappearing Girl) as Cindy Burman/Shiv.
- Nick Tarabay (Ozark, True Detective) as Eclipso.
- Amy Smart (Justified, Shameless) as Barbara Whitmore.
- Luke Wilson (Roadies, Idiocracy, Old School) as Pat Dugan.
Created for television by Geoff Johns (Titans, Wonder Woman, Batwoman), the series is executive produced by Johns, Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Titans, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), and Sarah Schechter (Batwoman, Riverdale, Blindspot).
You can catch up on Season 1 by streaming or downloading all 13 episodes of DC’s Stargirl on HBO GO. Other DC series to binge-watch on HBO GO include eight seasons of Arrow, six seasons of The Flash, and five seasons of DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, Gotham and Supergirl.
You can sign up for HBO GO for only RM34.90 per month. Astro Movies Pack customers can enjoy HBO GO at no additional charge, while other Astro customers can enjoy some savings and pay from just RM25 monthly. HBO GO is available on Android TV, Apple TV, LG TV and Samsung Smart TV – and comes with AirPlay and Google Cast functionality.
The series is great for presenting comic book themes of legacy and heroism, as Courtney strives to build a new version of the classic Justice Society of America (JSA). For those unfamiliar, the JSA was the precursor to the Justice League in DC Comics, featuring Golden Age heroes like the original Alan Scott Green Lantern, Wildcat, and of course, Starman.