Riot Games has announced that we’re excited to share that Valorant Episode 3 Act 2 will launch on 8 September 2021, featuring an all-new Battlepass and a new map called Fracture. This is the first Battlepass to feature a Phantom, Vandal and Operator skin, while Fracture will be the first map to have interactive narrative objects.
Check out the new Valorant Fracture map below:
Fracture is the seventh Valorant map. In its simplest form, the map is marked by its H-shape layout with a visual split down the middle that reveals contrasting sides. Long ziplines also connect routes underneath. Like previous maps, keep an eye out for heavy tie-ins to Valorant lore, including first-time interactive narrative objects.
- H-shaped layout, Defender Spawn sits in the middle of the map.
- Ziplines run under the map to connect front and back.
- First map with interactive objects.
- First exposure to Mirror Earth Kingdom; map expands on the mirrorverse and both Kingdoms.
When describing the map, Valorant level designer Joe Lanford said:
For gameplay, (weirdly?) I took at least some of my inspiration from the Battle of Helm’s Deep. As the orcs are breaking down the gates, Aragorn and Théoden (and the remaining squadzinho) ride out to meet them.
“Now for wrath, now for ruin and the red dawn!” Gandalf and the Riders of Rohan storm down the mountain from the other side.
When you’re on defense and both A and B players push out to flip the tables and pinch attackers instead, it always reminds me of this moment.
Meanwhile, the Valorant Episode 3 Act 2 Battlepass includes:
- 1,000 VP
- Artisan Ghost Weapon Skin w/ Variants
- Time’s Up Gun Buddy
- Artisan Gun Buddy
- Nice Try! Spray
- Versus // Phoenix + Phoenix Card
- Artisan Foil (melee) w/ Variants
- Artisan Phantom
- Nitro Operator
- Nitro Vandal
- Varnish Sheriff
- Follow Me Gun Buddy
- Does Not Compute Spray
- Unstoppable // Reyna Card