THQ Nordic has celebrated their 10th anniversary with an official THQ Nordic digital showcase event, which was hosted by Geoff Keighley. There’s a boatload of new games announced and revealed, so let’s list them all out below:
Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed
Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed will launch for the PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. Destroy All Humans! 2 was originally released for the PS2 and Xbox in 2006. A release date was not announced.
After the KGB blew up his mothership, Crypto seeks revenge and travels to iconic places in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union, Japan, and even to the Moon!
Destroy All Humans! 2 Reprobed is a full remake of the original game, adding and improving features while (re-)building the game from scratch in shiny Unreal Engine 4 visuals.
The game is developed by Black Forest Games who successfully re-launched the Destroy All Humans! franchise in 2020.
- Show those hippies who’s boss using classic weapons and new technology like the Meteor Shower.
- Explore 1960s Mother Earth and unload your trusty saucer all over her fictional cities.
- Defend a much larger, much more open world from those who seek to undermine your mission.
- Hoover up humans from different countries and grind them up into DNA cocktails to upgrade your skills.
- Invite a friend over for a twosome and enjoy the full story in local two-player split-screen cooperative play.
Spongebob Squarepants The Cosmic Shake
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Purple Lamp Studios have announced SpongeBob SquarePants The Cosmic Shake for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam). A release date was not announced.
SpongeBob and Patrick meet the mysterious fortune teller Kassandra who gives them a vial full of Mermaid’s Tears. Legend claims they grant the wishes of those who are pure of heart…
Naturally, the two best buddies get overexcited and their flurry of wishes tears open the very fabric of space and time. All while releasing Cosmic Jelly onto Bikini Bottom and opening portals to strange Wishworlds in the process.
Now it’s up to our heroes to rescue their friends who got lost in the Wishworlds and bring back Bikini Bottom’s most iconic buildings. But Kassandra has her own devious plan…
- Unlock classic and new platforming skills like the Fishhook Swing and Karate Kick.
- Don more than 30 F.U.N.tastic costumes like SnailBob and SpongeGar.
- Travel to seven distinct Wishworlds like Wild West Jellyfish Fields and Halloween Rock Bottom.
- Experience all the buddy movie banter with SpongeBob’s permanent companion Balloon-Patrick.
- Meet all your favorite Bikini Bottomites from the series, voiced by their original actors.
- Enjoy the in-game soundtrack featuring 101 songs from the series, including Sweet Victory.
Outcast 2 A New Beginning
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Appeal Studios have announced Outcast 2: A New Beginning for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC (Steam). A release date was not announced.
Your friendly neighbourhood invader-slayer is back: Cutter Slade returns to the spectacular alien world of Adelpha in Outcast 2: A New Beginning.
Twenty years after the events of the first game, Adelpha finds itself under threat of invasion: ruthless corporations are exploiting the planet and are enslaving and even killing the people. Cutter’s mission is clear: organize a resistance, rescue the people, and get rid of the invaders. Outcast 2 A New Beginning is developed by the original team behind the first Outcast adventure; Appeal Studios from Belgium.
The open-world action-adventure features fast-paced third-person combat, as well as a non-linear science-fantasy story with dynamic plot progress based on player actions.
- Use your jetpack to jump, air-dash, glide, and quickly traverse the fantastic in-game open world.
- Combine dozens of different modules to create your own personal weapon for taking down the robot invaders.
- Have total control to approach the story at your own pace in this non-linear world.
- Explore the world without boundaries, discover hidden temples and dangerous wildlife.
- Get familiar with the Talan culture while helping them free their villages and gain access to ancient Talan powers that use forces of nature to destroy your enemies.
- Experience a beautiful, hand-crafted world accompanied by an epic soundtrack by Outcast‘s original composer, Lennie Moore.
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Logic Artists have revealed a new trailer for turn-based strategy RPG Expeditions: Rome.
Take on the role of a young Legatus whose father was murdered by an unknown political opponent, forcing you to escape Rome and take refuge in the military campaign to subdue a Greek rebellion. Step by step, you increase your military prowess, strengthen yourself in the forge of combat, and become the Legatus everyone learns to both respects, and to fear.
In Expeditions Rome, you exert the will of Rome through your actions across the world stage, from the bright blue coasts of Greece to the deep forests of Gaul.
Decide how people will view you, and Rome. Will you strike with an iron fist, or speak with a silver tongue? Will you embrace the political heritage of the Republic, or carve your own path as you navigate the complex politics of the Roman Senate? Every choice matters as you decide the fate of your legion, your close companions, and of Rome itself.
- Create your own Roman Legatus! Customize your character’s look, gender, class, and skills to match your playstyle and role-playing fantasy.
- Engage in tactical turn-based combat powered by an extensive skill-based action system where every weapon changes your potency on the battlefield.
- Adventure with five unique companions discovering their extensive backstories and unique personalities.
- Explore a beautifully realized, colourful world across many different environments, including North Africa, Greece, Gaul, and Rome herself.
- Experience a historically inspired story of political intrigue and personal drama through a fully voiced narrative where choices matter and consequences are far-reaching.
- Level up each character and select from a variety of skills and passive abilities to explore a wide range of tactical options.
- Loot, Craft, and Equip a variety of weapons, armours, and tactical items to customize your game even further, providing a tremendous range of tactical options for each character.
- Lead your legion on three extensive war campaigns across Greece, North Africa, and Gaul. Recruit legionaries, improve your war camp, conquer regions, exploit resources, and defend your territories as you lead your legion to victory.
Expeditions Rome is due out for PC via Steam sometime in 2021.
MX vs ATV Legends
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Rainbow Studios have announced MX vs. ATV Legends for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam). A release date was not announced.
Featuring the deepest Career Mode to date, MX vs. ATV Legends invites you to carve your own path to the podium with unprecedented player choice including sponsorship opportunities and special invitational events.
Race your way to victory on bikes, ATVs and UTVs in MX vs. ATV Legends! Featuring massive new open environments, plus a career mode that lets you experience all the risks and rewards of becoming a world-famous professional rider.
- Race in two-player split-screen and 16-player online mode with squad-based gameplay.
- Compete in the new career mode, where your choices lead to different paths, sponsorship opportunities and special invitational events.
- Experience the brand new Trails mode for high-intensity outdoor racing, with new surprises around every turn, challenging your riding style in new ways.
- Customize your rider and vehicles with the latest parts and gear from the leading manufacturers in off-road racing.
- Ride berms and ruts with higher precision than ever before with the refined physics system.
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer GolemLabs have announced SuperPower III for PC (Steam). A release date was not announced.
The long-awaited instalment to the SuperPower series, SuperPower III is a mix of strategical and managerial elements and is the most complete and accurate geopolitical simulation game to date. This iteration brings modern graphics, present-day military hardware and technology, as well as an improved EHE / AI technology for a tailor-made experience for every playstyle.
The wide variety of approaches to the game gives you unprecedented freedom! You can focus on the big picture, like planning out entire wars, or on the smallest details imaginable. The whole planet will be watching your actions and the decisions you make will play out in front of your very eyes.
You can choose to play any nation on the planet. Scenarios are based on real-life events and are equipped with actual data. Try to govern your country to the best of your abilities either on your own or with friends in multiplayer mode.
- Global theatre of an accurate reproduction of the entire world including 194 playable countries.
- Expansive strategy and dozens of scenarios based on real-life events.
- Real data, analyzed and made for gameplay purposes.
- Character creation with almost every nationality, religion, and typical attire available in real life.
- High replayability due to no official end to the game.
- Mod friendly architecture to create your own unique scenarios.
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Piranha Bytes have released the story trailer for its upcoming scifi “Eurojank” CRPG EXEX II.
ELEX II is the sequel to ELEX, the vintage open-world role-playing experience from the award-winning creators of the Gothic and Risen series, Piranha Bytes. ELEX II returns to the post-apocalyptic science-fantasy world of Magalan, with massive environments that can be explored with unrivalled freedom via jetpack—you will be able to move through the epic story any way you want!
Several years after Jax defeated the Hybrid, a new threat arrives from the sky, unleashing the dangerous powers of dark Elex and endangering all life on the planet. In order to defend the peace on Magalan and the safety of his own family, Jax embarks on a mission to convince the factions to unite against the invaders, as well as a personal quest to find his son, Dex, who got separated from him…
- Explore the planet of Magalan with unprecedented freedom, using your trusted jetpack to traverse the map and even fly!
- Interact with a lived-in world, full of unique NPCs, who…
- …will remember what you’ve done and react accordingly.
- …will join or leave your group depending on how you behave.
- …are able to be killed, which will have an effect on the story.
- Engage in fluid close and ranged combat with a massively improved control system.
- Experience a story where your actions have consequences, immersing you in a world of moral decisions.
ELEX II is due out for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. A release date has yet to be announced.
Jagged Alliance 3
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Haemimont Games have announced Jagged Alliance 3 for PC (Steam). A release date was not announced, but we’re very sure a lot of old-school turn-based strategy fans are hyped for this sequel.
The strategy game experts from Haemimont Games, well known for their work on the Tropico series, Surviving Mars, Victor Vran, and many other great games will finally create a true successor to the beloved series. This time, the player takes command of a mercenary force in the fictional country of Grand Chien—a land thrown into chaos after a brutal paramilitary force known as “the Legion” took over.
Jagged Alliance 3 will combine tactically deep, turn-based combat with exploration of a large game world with strategic elements including gaining control over territories, training local forces, and establishing multiple squads chosen from beloved mercenaries—all well known to fans of the series.
It will also have RPG elements like special perks or level-ups for your mercenaries, as well as looting and customizing your arsenal of weaponry
Coming to PC, Jagged Alliance 3 will also feature a co-op multiplayer mode so you can free Grand Chien together with a friend.
- Engage in rich, tactical turn-based combat.
- Recruit from a large cast of unique mercenaries, including many familiar fan favourites.
- Loot, salvage, and customize an arsenal of weaponry and equipment.
- Choose from a wide array of special perks to customize your mercs as they level up.
- Decide the fate of Grand Chien in an open RPG structure.
- Control territory, train the locals, command multiple parties, and defend against enemy forces in an alive, active world.
- Experience the campaign with friends in online co-op mode.