We’re less than a month away from Marvel’s Eternals at this point, and Marvel Studios has released character posters for each Eternal.
The movie stars:
- Angelina Jolie as Thena: A fierce warrior Eternal who can form any weapon out of cosmic energy, and develops a close bond with Gilgamesh over the centuries.
- Richard Madden as Ikaris: The tactical leader of the Eternals who can fly, project cosmic energy beams from his eyes, and has superhuman strength.
- Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo: An Eternal who can project cosmic energy projectiles from his hands. Enamoured with fame, Kingo becomes a popular Bollywood film star to blend in on Earth.
- Lauren Ridloff as Makkari: An Eternal who uses her cosmically powered super-speed to scout planets. She is the first deaf superhero in an MCU film and, as such, she is not affected by the sonic booms she creates.
- Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos: An Eternal and an intelligent cosmic-powered inventor who secretly helps humanity progress technologically.
- Salma Hayek as Ajak: The wise and spiritual leader of the Eternals, who has aided the advancement of human civilization and is able to use her abilities to heal. Ajak can communicate with Celestials.
- Lia McHugh as Sprite: An Eternal who can project lifelike illusions. Sprite appears to be a 12-year-old child, but she is stronger and cleverer than she looks.
- Don Lee as Gilgamesh: The strongest Eternal who can project an exoskeleton of cosmic energy. He becomes Thena’s partner in their exile from the other Eternals.
- Gemma Chan as Sersi: An empathetic Eternal with an affinity for humankind who can manipulate matter. She has been in love with Ikaris for centuries, and poses as a museum curator on Earth.
- Barry Keoghan as Druig: An aloof Eternal who can use cosmic energy to control the minds of others. He becomes withdrawn from the other Eternals because he disagrees with their interactions with humankind.
Marvel Studios’ Eternals follows a group of heroes from beyond the stars who had protected the Earth since the dawn of man. When monstrous creatures called the Deviants, long thought lost to history, mysteriously return, the Eternals are forced to reunite in order to defend humanity once again.
The outstanding ensemble cast also includes Kit Harington as Dane Whitman AKA the Black Knight.
Chloé Zhao directs the film, and Kevin Feige and Nate Moore are the producers, with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso and Kevin de la Noy serving as executive producers. The screen story is by Ryan Firpo & Kaz Firpo, and the screenplay is by Chloé Zhao and Chloé Zhao & Patrick Burleigh and Ryan Firpo & Kaz Firpo.
Eternals is slated to premiere on 4 November 2021 in Malaysian cinemas.
In the meantime, check out the latest featurette below, or head on over here for my breakdown of the previous latest trailer: