World of Warcraft Classic players will get to start fresh with a new character, starting from level one, when the Season of Mastery realms goes live globally at 6am GMT+8 on 17 November 2021.
Similar to WoW Classic’s launch, players will be able to log onto the servers ahead of when they’re going live to create characters starting from 11 November 2021. This will enable players to reserve their character name and have them ready to go once the servers are up.
At launch, Season of Mastery realms will resemble WoW Classic on day one, but the update phases will be accelerated, so players can expect their favourite dungeons, raids, and features to enter the game more quickly. Players will also be able to re-experience much of this content with more challenging tuning and other quality-of-life changes.
Name Reservation Details
WoW Classic Season of Mastery name reservations will open on 11 November 2021! Players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account will be able to create one character per WoW account.
When you reserve a name, you’ll also choose the realm you will play that character on. There are a few additional things to keep in mind as you make your choice:
- After WoW Classic Season of Mastery is live, you’ll be able to create additional characters up to a maximum of 50 characters in each of our three games:
- Up to 50 characters total in World of Warcraft Classic (includes Season of Mastery)
- Up to 50 characters in Burning Crusade Classic
- Up to 50 characters in World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
- Characters that were created for the WoW Classic Season of Mastery Open Beta will not be available to use in WoW Classic Season of Mastery.
- For the name reservation period only, we will have a limit on the number of characters that can be reserved on a realm. When the realms go live, the limit will be removed.
To create a character and play WoW Classic Season of Mastery, you will need to download and install the client first.
- Open the Battle.net desktop app and select World of Warcraft in the game selection menu.
- Select World of Warcraft Classic. If you have more than one World of Warcraft account, you’ll see a second dropdown for Account. In that column, select the active account you want to play on.
- Click the Install button. You’ll see an installation progress bar that will show you when the installation is available to play.
- Once the installation is complete, click the Play button.
You’ll need to select the Season of Mastery realm you want to play on which will be identified in the Realm list. Then select Create New Character. You’ll be able to choose your faction, class, and race, as well as fully customize your new character and name them. If you change your mind about a character and have already reserved one, you will need to delete the one you made. Please note, the name associated with the character you deleted will be immediately available again to be claimed.