Eiichiro Oda’s manga masterpiece pirate saga One Piece is getting a live-action adaptation on Netflix, and we have a first glimpse of the cast.
Here’s the list of actors and actresses who will be representing the Straw Hat Pirates:
- Inaki Godoy (Go) will be Monkey D. Luffy.
- Mackenyu (Rurouni Kenshin: Final Chapter) will be Roronoa Zoro.
- Emily Rudd (Fear Street) will be Nami the
- Jacob Romero Gibson (All Rise) will be Usopp.
- Taz Skylar (Boiling Point) will be the ship cook Sanji.
No word on who will be playing Chopper, the Marines, and the rival pirates and weird-ass denizens in the Seven Seas of the universe. Eiichiro Oda will be serving as the show’s executive producer, with this to say:
“We’ve been working with Netflix and Tomorrow Studios on the massive project that is the Hollywood live-action series adaptation of ONE PIECE. How many years has it been since it was announced, right? I know, I know! But rest assured we’ve been making steady progress all along. It’s not easy when you’re working with people from different cultures, but it’s precisely that process that can yield something special!”
No release date or window has been announced as of yet.