MultiVersus is a free-to-play, platform fighter featuring an ever-expanding cast of iconic characters and legendary universes, MultiVersus will feature multiple online modes, including a team-based 2 vs. 2 format, 1 vs. 1 matches and 4-player free-for-all, along with upcoming content-filled seasons.
It will have full cross-play and cross-progression support across all launch platforms.
The list of playable characters for now include:
- Batman (DC Super Hero) – voiced by Kevin Conroy
- Superman (DC Super Hero) – voiced by George Newbern
- Wonder Woman (DC Super Hero) – voiced by Abby Trott
- Harley Quinn (DC Super-Villain) – voiced by Tara Strong
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo) – voiced by Matthew Lillard
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes) – voiced by Eric Bauza
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) – voiced by Maisie Williams
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time) – voiced by John DiMaggio
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time) – voiced by Jeremy Shada
- Steven Universe (Steven Universe) – voiced by Daniel DiVenere
- Garnet (Steven Universe) – voiced by Estelle
- Tom and Jerry (Tom and Jerry) – tandem character voiced by Eric Bauza
- Reindog (an extraordinary original creature) – voiced by Andrew Frankel
The developer also confirmed that the game will have a dedicated server-based rollback netcode to support online gameplay, as well as that many more characters will be continually added to MultiVersus. The game will also have upcoming content-filled seasons for players to enjoy.
MultiVersus is slated to release for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC sometime in 2022.
Check out the trailer below: