The really fun action RPG Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is getting a new expansion later this month.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning’s Fatesworn expansion will be out for PS4, Xbox One, and PC later on 14th December. The expansion features snowy tundras, deep caverns, new enemies, and a new plot involving the Niskaru and their Chaos brethren. The game also gives players a new Chaos mechanic and a new non-combat skill tree, as well as raising the level cap to 50.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’re getting from the expansion, which costs US$19.99.
- Set in a completely new environment called Mithros featuring mountains and snowy landscape.
- Face the God of Chaos in an over six hours-long Main quest with a compelling storyline that concludes the game, featuring new and returning characters.
- “Chaos” as a completely new gameplay mechanic connected to weapons, enemies, rifts, and portals.
- Level cap raised to 50.
- The journey takes you to two entirely new dungeon sets.
- Enter Chaos Portals to explore 25 brand new Chaos Realm dungeons strewn across the Fatesworn world and the old world.
- New enemies and variations of existing enemies.
- New crafting items for weapons, gems, potions with new reagents and components.
- Six new unique armor sets with very special and powerful traits.
- 21 new weapons and shields (nine chaos weapons, 15 unique).
- New accessories like rings and amulets with powerful traits.
- New music by award-winning composer Grant Kirkhope.
- A new mysterious trader selling equipment lottery boxes, offering a new way to complete rare item sets.
- New twist of fate cards.
- Tons of new sidequests task quests and faction quests to fulfil.
- New villages and cities, with new houses and interiors and much more.
It’s more Kingdoms of Amalur action RPG goodness; can’t really complain, right? Check out the 2D renaissance-style art trailer below; it could use a little more in-game footage though.