The Metroidvanias/search action game onslaught continues past 2022.
Developer Aurogon Shanghai has announced a new hand-drawn 2D search action title called Afterimage. It’s slated for the PS5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam) for late 2022. Here’s an overview of the game (via the Steam page):
- Traditional 2D side-scrolling action RPG Metroidvania.
- Intuitive controls.
- Seamless semi-open world with over 15 different areas.
- Over 10 character abilities.
- Selections of unique weapon/magic builds.
- Over 150 varieties of enemies.
- Over 40 epic original soundtracks created by Aurogon Sound Team.
- Estimated 25-30 hours gameplay on first run.
- And… more surprises for you to discover!
Take a look for yourself and see if this sort of prettiness and fluid action sates your 2D wanderlust.