Activision Blizzard may not be catching the break it needs given recent controversies. So here’s another one.
Twitter user Jessica Gonzalez, a senior test analyst at Blizzard, recently posted complaints about Blizzard being discriminating and negligent toward its breastfeeding workers. Women who wish to breastfeed their children were not given sufficient amenities to do this. Examples include:
- Rocky and unstable furniture.
- Power outlets for breastfeeding tools being fire hazards.
- Insufficient storage space in the refridgerators.
- Sanitation standards are not being kept.
- Male employees stealing lactating colleague’s breast milk.
Workplaces with systemic abuse issues inevitably have complicit, incompetent or toothless HR. How do you rationalise doing nothing for *years* while the employees you are supposed to protect are abused, violated or discriminated against? I would be sick with shame
— Meghna Jayanth (@betterthemask) December 9, 2021
Activision Blizzard has yet to release an official statement about this turn of events.